Monday, August 22, 2011

Work(Out) Stress

When you love working, it can seem far more stressful to step away than to put down your work, right? For me, I didn't have much balance when I was an NYC intern (that "freshman" 15 came after sophomore year, during a summer when I was around models, magazines and millions of bagel stands, oh my!). Anywho, while I still sometimes struggle to find the balance when the going gets crazy at work, what I do know is that I'm much more productive (and happier) when I work out! 

Read on for some of my favorite ways to break a sweat...
Dedication, people! Breaking a sweat before the sun breaks is one way to get your workout in every day!
1. RPM (a take on Spin): This hard-as-hell class replicates a road ride...way different than your typical pop-infused spin class. Hard and wonderful. Take it at Witzlib Fitness Studio
2. Pilates: I've been known to try every workout in the world, and I can't remember my core being as sore as the day after a hot (literally, 100 degrees!) Mat Pilates at Atlanta Hot Yoga
3. TRX: My friends at Witzlib Fitness Studio have a thing for three-letter classes, and this one puts you against your own weight. Using a suspension trainer and nifty moves, you'll get totally toned! 
4. Run: Ok, this isn't my favorite, but it is free. And sometimes I like the feeling of just getting up and going. And since I'm pre-tty good at making playlists, I know my tunes will help me through.
5. Pure Barre: If you've already got a killer bod and are looking for a way to keep it looking tight and right, this tucking, toning class is calling your name! Pure Barre

...I can't forget Boot Camp, as pictured. The fabulous BTB Boot Camp I attended at the FAP (Frankie Allen Park) no longer exists. I still miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment